From Hanoi: Spectacular Halong Bay & Sapa in 7 Day
Itinerary: This tour let us visit most stunning landscapes, ancient history, colorful minority cultures, friendly people and interesting metropolises. It takes us from stately Hanoi, the world heritage site of Halong Bay to the ethnic minority people in Sapa.
Day 1: Arrive Hanoi
Day 2: Hanoi – Ha Long
Day 3: Ha Long Bay – Lan Ha Bay – Cat Ba Island
Day 4: Cat Ba Island – Ha Long Bay – Hanoi
Day 5: Hanoi - Sapa
Day 6: Sapa - Y Linh Ho - Lao Chai - Ta Van - Ha Noi
Day 7: Transfer to the airport.
- This itinerary is a privately guided tour, designed just to show you what is possible.
- We can tailor this trip, it's inclusions and the accommodations, to meet your requirements, budget, and interests.
Day 1: Arrive Hanoi
The tour guide picks you up at the airport. Drop off at your hotel to check-in. Rest of the day you will relax by your own. Please let us know if you are interested in one of some activities below.
Highly recommended activities:
- Street foodie & walking tour
- Water puppet show
- Cyclo city tour for an hour
Day 2: Hanoi – Ha Long (B,L,D)
At 08:00 AM, tour guide will pick you up at your hotel, the bus ride through the Red River delta is a great opportunity to see what daily life is like for Vietnamese farmers.
Arrive in Halong City tourist wharf around 12pm. Enjoy a welcome drink as you receive a cruise briefing, have lunch on board
Then, visit Sung Sot cave, where you’ll see an amazing array of stalactites and stalagmites. Stop at Soi Sim Island or Titop Island for an hour of swimming. Enjoy some time kayaking, the best way to discover the true beauty of Ha Long Bay.
The boat will drop anchor in a calm area, and you can relax on the sundeck at sunset and enjoy the tastes of some local wines and fruits. Join a cooking session on board before dinner. Later you can enjoy a karaoke session or try your luck fishing for squid.
Overnight on the traditional junk.
Day 3: Ha Long Bay – Lan Ha Bay – Cat Ba Island (B,L,D)
Start your day with tea or coffee and enjoy breakfast on board.
Visit a pearl farm, see pearl products and learn about the process of pearl making in Ha Long. Transfer to a day boat that will take you to Lan Ha Bay.
Visit Monkey Island, home to endangered wild monkeys. Stop at Viet Hai harbor. Enjoy a 5-kilometer bike ride through the jungle to Viet Hai village. Make a short trek to Cat Ba National Park and then ride your bike back to the harbor again.
Enjoy lunch on the boat in Lan Ha Bay. When you arrive at Beo harbor a bus will take you to Cat Ba town. Have dinner at the hotel restaurant and then free time to explore Cat Ba town afterward.
Overnight at a 3-star hotel (Hung Long Harbor/Sea Pearl Hotel).
Day 4: Cat Ba Island – Ha Long Bay – Hanoi (B,L,D)
Enjoy spectacular morning views of Cat Ba town during breakfast. After checking out of the hotel the bus will take you to the harbor, transfer back to Ha Long Bay. Board the cruise and relax as you take in the spectacular scenery of Ha Long on the way back.
Have lunch on the junk as you head back to the harbor.
The bus will be waiting to drive you back to Hanoi, where you’ll be dropped off at your hotel.
Day 5: Hanoi - Sapa (B,L,D)
6:30 - 7:00am: Pick up from your accommodation, coach ride to Sapa
01:00 Arrive Sapa, check in hotel and have lunch.
2:30pm: A walk to Cat Cat village to visit the H’mong, the hydroelectric power station built by French people and silver waterfall. Trekking distance is about 6km
05h00pm: Pick up from Cat Cat village and back to Sapa town. Enjoy a meal at a local restaurant.
Free time to visit or shopping souvenir. Spend the night at the hotel.
Day 6: Sapa - Y Linh Ho - Lao Chai - Ta Van - Ha Noi (B,L)
09h30: After breakfast, Start trekking to Muong Hoa valley to visit 3 villages of the H’mong and the Dzay. Explore the life of ethnic minorities, admire the spectacular natural scenery with the terraced rice fields. Lunch with the locals in one of the local houses
Trekking distance is about 12km
02h30pm: Pick up from Ta Van village and back to Sapa town.
16:00: Driver takes you back to Hanoi. Recheck in Hotel in Hanoi. You will arrive in Hanoi around 21.30 p.m.
Day 7: Transfer to the airport.
Inclusions & Options
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Vehicles and Drivers
- English Speaking Guides (Other languages if available, upon request)
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B=
- Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED?
- Your International Flights to and from Vietnam
- Vietnam entry Visa Fees (contact us for further information)
- Personal Expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Any bank fees or charges at your end
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Tips for guides and drivers
- From 30 to 7 days prior to check-in: 10% of total rates
- From 6 to 3 days prior to check in: 50% of total rates.
- Less than 3 days prior to check-in: 100% of total rates.
- No-Show: 100% of total rates.
Questions & Answers
Be the first to leave a review.
Your browser does not support images upload. Please choose a modern one