Ethnic life in Mai Chau & Pu Luong
Itinerary: A short drive away from Hanoi and you will absolutely blown away by the authentic value and lush green of mountainous area in Mai Chau and Pu Luong. You will have precious chance to capture wonderful photos when driving through the beautiful scenery along the road: magnificent mountain range, lush green Pu Luong, etc before overnights in exciting homestay experience along the way. If you are looking for a short getaway from the busy city, the trip is definitely designed for you!
Day 1: Hanoi - Mai Chau
Day 2: Mai Chau - Pu Luong
Day 3: Mai Chau - Hanoi
- This itinerary is a privately guided tour, designed just to show you what is possible.
- We can tailor this trip, it's inclusions and the accommodations, to meet your requirements, budget, and interests.
DAY 1: HANOI - MAI CHAU
08.00 AM Our guide and driver will pick you up for the transfer to Mai Chau. On the way we will pass through the mountainous landscape. We will drive up the high pass and stop on the way for interacting with local people.
After lunch we will have the walking tour around the villages, observe farmers working in fields, locals weaving scarves and visit surrounding peaceful villages before transfering to the remote village of Mai Hich.
We will enjoy the local Thai dinner which will be served in the local Thai Traditional House with local cuisine and we will have chance to enjoy Traditional Wine with the residential host.
Stay overnight accommodation is provided by a local family in their traditional house-on-silts. Sleeping in a communal room with sleeping corner set up with a single mattress, blankets, pillow and mosquito net.
DAY 2: MAI CHAU - PU LUONG
08.00 AM: After having breakfast we will leave our hosts drive to Pu Luong Nature Reservation Centre. You’ll then get down the car for 2-hours trekking on single trail through Thai villages and rice terrace, with opportunity to take a break at local houses en-route.
We will trek through the different villages there and have lunch before check in our lodge. Have a rest and you will have time discover the village around in the afternoon. Have dinner and stay overnight in the lodge.
Note: Plan to bring along good shoes and batteries for your camera.
DAY 3: MAI CHAU - HANOI
After having breakfast, we may relax or we will visit around then take the trekking to around the village. We will get back to our car for the transfer to Ninh Binh along HCM road. We will visit Van Long, enjoy a boat trip along the reservation area, giving you precious chance to immerse in the beautiful scenery, fresh air, spectacular view of mountains and crystal clear water with underwater grass. Additionally, you may take time and try to paddle the boat by yourselves when on the trip. It will be an exciting and memorable experience for your holiday in Vietnam. After the tour, we will arrive in Hanoi late afternoon around 18.00.
Check in your hotel (arranged by yourselves) for a free time in Hanoi. End of service.
Inclusions & Options
2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
Hotel (3 nights),
Car, Walking, Trekking, Boating
- Vietnam visa approval letter
- Accomodation as itinerary
- Private transport in air-conditioned vehicles
- Domestic airport & government taxes
- Local English-speaking guides
- Water on coach
- Entrance fees, performances, boat trips & excursions
- International flights to/from Vietnam
- Travel insurance
- Visa stamp fees
- Early check-in & late check-out surcharge
- Personal expenses
- Meals not mentioned
- Drinks not mentioned
- Tips & gratuities for guides and drivers
- In the case the guest would like to do any amendment before tour departure date, please kindly contact us in advance by the email email@example.com. Any fees relating to guests’ amendment/modification must be paid by the guest.
- Within 2 days prior to departure date, NO modification/amendment could be accepted.
Event that the payment is completed and the tour is done; however, the guest can not do the tour as planned. The cancellation fees are applied as follow (based on the cancellation date and the departure date):
- Prior to the departure date more than 20 days: No charge (Full refund will be made but transaction fee will be paid by you).
- Prior to the departure date 15-20 days: 30% of total tour price.
- Prior to the departure date 7-15 days: 50% of total tour price.
- Prior to the departure date 4-7 days: 75% of total tour price.
- Prior to the departure date 3 days: 100% tour price.
Questions & Answers
Be the first to leave a review.
Your browser does not support images upload. Please choose a modern one